Bow wow wow

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Bow wow wow

Message  sylvain medecine le Jeu 16 Oct - 11:03

Bow Wow Wow was a 1980s New Wave band managed by former Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren during 1980. The group's music is described as having an "African-derived drum sound".

McLaren persuaded guitarist Matthew Ashman, bassist Leigh Gorman and percussionist David Barbarossa (also known as Dave Barbe), of the then lineup of Adam & the Ants to leave Adam Ant and form a new group. After a six-month long audition process, the band hired teen singer Annabella Lwin. Musician David Fishel, originally from Liverpool, an acquaintance of McLaren's, discovered 14-year-old Lwin while she was working a Saturday job at her local dry cleaning shop. She was singing along to a Stevie Wonder song on the radio. The group's sound was a mix of her "girlish squeal," Balinese chants, surf instrumentals, New Romantic pop melodies, and Barbarossa's Burundi ritual music influenced tom tom drum beats. Among the regular faces at the band's early London gigs were Latin songwriter/producer Richard Daniel Roman and Boy George, then known as Lieutenant Lush. McLaren was also going to use the latter (later of Culture Club fame) as a second lead singer, but he was deemed to be "too wild" for the band[citation needed]. In 1982, Bow Wow Wow had their first U.K. top 10 hit with “Go Wild in the Country.” The band's most popular hit was the New Wave staple, "I Want Candy" (originally a 1965 hit by The Strangeloves). "I Want Candy" was featured in an early music video on MTV. Bow Wow Wow's recording of "I Want Candy" continues to appear in film soundtracks and media and advertising events such as the 2005 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Their most notorious recording was "Sexy Eiffel Towers," a bold ode to masturbation, including excitedly heavy breathing and orgasmic moans; this was a song that went far beyond the slightly later Cyndi Lauper hit "She Bop", about similar subject matter. The group released three full-length albums. In 1983, tensions in the group were rising. Suffering from illness and exhaustion after intense US touring, they went their separate ways.

Ashman went on to form Chiefs of Relief and play with other groups such as Max, Rams, and Agent Provocateur. In 1995, Ashman died from diabetes complications. Since his time in Bow Wow Wow, Barbe has worked on other musical projects such as Beats International, Live with Adam Ant in 1995, Republica, dance band Chicane, the London-based 'Faith' music collective, and Amber Gate. Barbe also wrote a novel entitled “We Were Looking Up". Gorman continued to perform and has had success as a record producer and composer for films and advertising. After Bow Wow Wow, Lwin started a solo career.

In 1997, Lwin and Gorman reformed Bow Wow Wow and embarked on the "Barking Mad" reunion tour in 1997 and 1998, adding guitarist Dave Calhoun and drummer Eshan Khadaroo. The tour produced the live CD Wild in the U.S.A., which also included remixes of previous Bow Wow Wow tracks. In the wake of the success of the "Barking Mad" tour, there were reports that the band planned to record new material.

“ The group wrote at least 10 new songs while on the road, including "Bedouin Rocker," "Eastern Promise" and the ballad "A Thousand Tears." Consequently, Bow Wow Wow hope to release an album of new material later this year. [The band's publicist] also said the band is planning to return to the U.S. for more dates, acting as support for a still-unnamed "major" artist.

The subsequent tour dates and records never materialized. The song 'A Thousand Tears' made it into the 1999 film Desperate but Not Serious starring Christine Taylor and Claudia Schiffer and this song along with some other previously unrecorded songs have been performed by Bow Wow Wow in recent concert dates, but presently, no new studio record has yet appeared.

It wasn't until a September 20, 2003 Inland Invasion show that was part of KROQ's 25th Anniversary celebrations that Bow Wow Wow reformed again and appeared on stage, this time with Los Angeles guitarist Phil Gough and Adrian Young of No Doubt on drums. The band then maintained a touring schedule through 2006. In September 2005, Philadelphia, PA native Devin Beaman was brought in as the new drummer. In June 2006, Bow Wow Wow recorded a cover of The Smiths' song "I Started Something" for a proposed Smiths tribute record. A promotional edit of the recording can be heard on Bow Wow Wow's MySpace page. The full-length recording, the first new recording released under the name Bow Wow Wow in over 20 years, was made available on iTunes on January 1, 2007.

Bow Wow Wow played their most recent show on November 2, 2006 at the Maritime Hotel's Hiro Lounge in New York City to promote the inclusion of their music on the soundtrack of the Sofia Coppola film Marie Antoinette. Since then, Bow Wow Wow has been on indefinite hiatus in order that the individual members can work on other projects.

Discography (UK)

Albums

-Your Cassette Pet (EMI WOW 1, cassette EP) Dec 1980
Louis Quatorze /Gold He Said /Uomo Sex Al Apache /I Want My Baby On Mars /Sexy Eiffel Tower Giant Sized Baby Thing /Fools Rush In/Radio G. String

-See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang, Yeah. City All Over! Go Ape Crazy. (RCA RCALP 3000, 33rpm LP) Oct 1981
Jungle Boy /Chihuahua /Prince of Darkness (Sinner! Sinner! Sinner!) [Instrumental] /Mickey Put It Down /(I'm a) TV Savage /Elimination Dancing /Golly! Golly! Go Buddy! /King Kong /Go Wild in the Country /I'm Not a Know It All /Why Are Babies So Wise? /Orang-Outang /Hello, Hello Daddy (I'll Sacrifice You)

The Last of the Mohicans (RCA CPL1-4314, 33rpm EP) Jul 1982
I Want Candy /Cowboy /Louis Quatorze /The Mile High Club

I Want Candy (RCA AFL1-4375, 33rpm LP) 1982
I Want Candy /Baby, Oh No /Louis Quatorze /Cowboy /The Mile High Club /Go Wild in the Country /Jungle Boy /El Boss Dicho /(I'm a) T.V. Savage /King Kong

When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going (RCA RCALP 6068, 33rpm LP) Feb 1983
Aphrodisiac
Do You Wanna Hold Me? /Roustabout /Lonesome Tonight /Love Me /What's the Time? (Hey Buddy) /Mario (Your own Way to Paradise) /Quiver (Arrows in my) /The Man Mountain /Rikki Dee /Tommy Tucker /Love, Peace and Harmony

Wild in the U.S.A. (Cleopatra CLP 0424-2, CD) 1999
Remixed Tracks: 1 to 6; Live Tracks: 7 to 20.
I Want Candy (Razed in Black Mix) /W.O.R.K. (Atomic Dog Mix Remixed by Wayne Hussey of the Mission UK) /C30 C60 C90 Go! (Remixed by Kevin Haskins of Love & Rockets Remix) /Do You Wanna Hold Me (CKB Remix) /W.O.R.K. (Spahn Ranch Mix) /I Want Candy (Girl Eats Boy Remix) /Giant Sized Baby Thing /Louis Quatorze /Baby, Oh No! /Sexy Eiffel Tower /See Jungle /Mile High Club /Uomo Sex Al Apache /Prince of Darkness /Go Wild in the Country /Aphrodisiac /I Want Candy /C30 C60 C90 Go /Do You Want to Hold Me
/What's the Time (Hey Buddy)

Singles

"C30, C60, C90, Go!" b/w "Sun, Sea and Piracy" (EMI 5088, 45rpm single) Jul 1980 #34 UK
"Your Cassette Pet" Dec 1980 #58 UK
"W.O.R.K. (N.O. Nah, No No My Daddy Don't)" b/w "C30, C60, C90, Anda" (EMI 5153, 45rpm single) Mar 1981 #62 UK
"Prince of Darkness" b/w "Orang-outang" (RCA 100, 45rpm single) Jul 1981 #58 UK
"Chihuahua" b/w "Golly! Golly! Go Buddy!" (RCA 144, 45rpm single) Oct 1981 #51 UK
"Go Wild in the Country" b/w "El Bosso Dicho" (RCA 175, 45rpm single) Jan 1982 #7 UK
"See Jungle! (Jungle Boy)" / "(I'm a ) TV Savage" (RCA 220, 45rpm single, double A-side) Apr 1982 #45 UK
"I Want Candy" b/w "King Kong" (RCA 238, 45rpm single) May 1982; #39 AUS, #9 UK
"Louis Quatorze" b/w "Mile High Club" (RCA 263, 45rpm single) Jul 1982 #66 UK
"Fools Rush In" b/w "Sex (instrumental)" (EMI 5344, 45rpm single) Sep 1982
"Do You Wanna Hold Me?" b/w "What's the Time" (RCA 314, 45rpm single) Feb 1983 #47 UK
"I Started Something" (Cleopatra, iTunes release) Jan 2007

Compilations
AllMusicGuide's Stephen Thomas Erlewine recommends The Best of Bow Wow Wow (RCA Oct. 29, 1996) for its liner notes and highlights from their "inconsistent" albums and EPs. [8]

le Myspace
le site officiel

Serial Posteur n°1
Serial Posteur n°1

Masculin Nombre de messages : 5127

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Bow wow wow

Message  Azeleen le Sam 18 Oct - 16:10

j'aime bien ! merci sylvain
Azeleen
galette fourrée vibrante

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1982

http://www.myspace.com/azeleen00

Message  euh...... le Dim 19 Oct - 21:25

Azeleen a écrit:j'aime bien ! merci sylvain
pareillement plutot pas mal mister
euh......
posteur utile
posteur utile

Masculin Nombre de messages : 594

http://myspace.com/lowwik

Message  sylvain medecine le Dim 19 Oct - 22:22

je sais , je sais .... merci les amis .

Serial Posteur n°1
Serial Posteur n°1

Masculin Nombre de messages : 5127

Message  Valken le Dim 19 Oct - 22:54

arf... c'est kool man!

Du coup je rèécoute .
Valken
bleu-bite
bleu-bite

Masculin Nombre de messages : 33

Message  HoDai le Dim 19 Oct - 22:55

Pas ma came mais je connaissais (enfin la musique mais pas le nom)
HoDai
posteur utile
posteur utile

Féminin Nombre de messages : 503

http://www.myspace.com/_nocomment_

Message  Valken le Dim 19 Oct - 23:00

HoDai a écrit:Pas ma came mais je connaissais (enfin la musique mais pas le nom)

c'est quoi ta came ?
Valken
bleu-bite
bleu-bite

Masculin Nombre de messages : 33

Message  HoDai le Dim 19 Oct - 23:02

Punk / rock / metal. pour résumer rapidement
HoDai
posteur utile
posteur utile

Féminin Nombre de messages : 503

http://www.myspace.com/_nocomment_

Message  celtill le Dim 19 Oct - 23:37

j'etais fan, adam and the ants aussi (juste le 1er album)

i don't remember, i drank too much !

gilda a écrit: je suis en vacances...
celtill
le prez

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4678

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut